Dogs available for adoption at Great Plains SPCA visited The Pembroke Hill School, Ward Parkway campus, in Kansas City on Tuesday, Feb. 12. Students on Pembroke’s Leadership Advisory Board decided to raise funds for Great Plains SPCA during the school’s yearly Love Shack Week, promoting love and good feelings in honor of Valentine’s Day. They raised between $200-$300 for the no-kill animal shelter with a number of methods, including a bake sale and a kissing booth.
Puppy Love at Pembroke Hill School
The Kansas City Star
- Overland Park goes to the dogs with first Downtown Dog Day
- A three-legged dog, just like his home town, knows how to soldier through hard luck
- KC animal shelter gets so many drop-offs you'll now need to call ahead
- Missouri bill would ban laws targeting specific dog breeds
- Kansas City investigates the dumping of dead pit bulls in the Northland