Dogs available for adoption at Great Plains SPCA visited The Pembroke Hill School, Ward Parkway campus, in Kansas City on Tuesday, Feb. 12. Students on Pembroke’s Leadership Advisory Board decided to raise funds for Great Plains SPCA during the school’s yearly Love Shack Week, promoting love and good feelings in honor of Valentine’s Day. They raised between $200-$300 for the no-kill animal shelter with a number of methods, including a bake sale and a kissing booth.
Puppy Love at Pembroke Hill School
The Kansas City Star
- Ex-bomb-sniffing dog, KC Army handler receive award
- 'Cat Daddy' Jackson Galaxy comes to KC to spread the gospel of cats
- KC Zoo helps as authorities seize exotic animals from Kansas property
- Kia the puppy apparently survives nearly a month in impounded car at Kansas City lot
- 5 ways to cut that doggone pet food tab